Friday, August 26, 2011

marathon training

I'm currently training to run a marathon in December of this year.
Training for a marathon is hard.
I know it's not near as hard as other things in life, but I have been completely frustrated with training lately.

I'm trying to learn how to understand my own body's cues to preform better, but I'm not doing so great. I don't like to listen to my body. I like to do what I want.

I've had issues with my calves hurting while I run. I thought it was my new shoes.




It wasn't. It was the "most excellent, and best insoles you should buy if you're going to run a marathon" I spent a little bit of $$ on. I finally got that issue resolved.

Then I had a tooth extracted and couldn't be physically active for a few days so I wouldn't "dislodge a blood clot."

Now I have pain in my left leg. It's nothing serious, but I don't think I should be running on it. I don't want to injure it more. I guess I'm going to rest it but that will put me behind in training. See what I mean?...frustrated.

I'm resolved to the fact that I should just do some cross training for a few days. At least that will keep me active, but still allow time for my leg to feel better.

1 comment:

Susie Bishara said...

I'll be there for the Full Marathon to cheer you on! :)