Friday, June 10, 2011

staycation

Life has been crazy.
A whirlwind.
It's been fun...but exhausting!

After a busy year, and adjusting to Scott's new job, we were excited for summer to arrive.
It was promptly started by visits by both of our families. My parents came out over Memorial Day weekend (which I previously blogged about) and Scott's three days later for a week. We kept them busy. We had a lot of repeat activities with the Appleman's, as we had already done them with my fam, but entertaining non the less.

I decided since family visits were over, just as summer was pretty much starting, Scott and I needed to plan something - go somewhere, have a staycation. I surprised him by taking him overnight to Westward Look Resort here in Tucson for his birthday last night (I got a great summer deal!). I think we were asleep by 10:00, but we enjoyed the pool twice, the hot tub before dinner and a night knowing we weren't going to be woken up by two small people coming into our room while we were asleep or at 5:30 am.

We didn't have much conversation...the quiet was nice.

These are a few of my favorite picks of our staycation.




No comments: